Join Our Team
At Miller Electrical, you’ll find an exceptional opportunity for a fulfilling career in the electrical industry, with a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction. Our supportive, collaborative environment fosters personal growth and advancement, while our commitment to cutting-edge technology allows you to lead impactful projects. Join us and thrive in a secure, forward-thinking organization that values excellence in all aspects.
Miller Electrical is currently hiring employees with high energy, a passion for the trade, and a willingness to learn. We are currently seeking Apprentices in the Electrical trade.
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray systems
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Previous experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Minnesota registered apprentice
Fiber Optic Tech
As a Fiber Optic Technician you will be responsible for the installation, splicing, testing and troubleshooting of fiber optic cables and related equipment. Experience is preferred but willing to train the right candidate. Ideal candidate should have a background in the fiber splicing industry and able to complete fiber projects with little to no supervision.
- Ability to prepare and splice fiber optic cables in various environments
- Willingness to learn
- Build proper splice closures for various job locations
- Document fiber records
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other workers and customers in a professional manner
- Travel to various sites
- This job requires a flexible work schedule and ability to perform day and/or night work
- Valid driver’s license is required
Additional skills we are seeking:
- Strong understanding of fiber construction
- Understanding of OTDR and testing equipment to troubleshoot and test fiber
Underground Utility OperatorAre you ready to dig deep and make a significant impact on the infrastructure that keeps our communities thriving? We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Underground Utility Operator to join our team and play a vital role in maintaining and expanding our underground utility systems. If you have a passion for precision, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to safety, we want to hear from you!Employment Type: Full-timeResponsibilities:
- Operate and maintain a variety of heavy equipment used in underground utility installation, repair, and maintenance, including backhoes, excavators, trenchers, and directional boring machines.
- Safely excavate trenches, pits, and other underground structures following strict safety guidelines and protocols.
- Assist in the installation, repair, and replacement of underground utility systems such as water, sewer, gas, and telecommunications lines.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment to ensure proper functioning and report any mechanical issues to the supervisor.
- Collaborate with a team of technicians and utility workers to execute projects efficiently and meet project deadlines.
- Follow blueprints, maps, and other technical documents to identify underground utility locations and avoid damages during excavation.
- Utilize electronic locating devices to identify and mark the location of existing underground utility lines.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, company policies, and industry best practices to minimize accidents and ensure a safe working environment for all team members.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and clients to provide project updates and address any concerns that may arise during the course of the work.Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical certifications or training in heavy equipment operation and underground utilities will be an advantage.
- Proven experience as an Underground Utility Operator or similar role within the construction or utility industry.
- Proficiency in operating various heavy equipment, such as backhoes, excavators, trenchers, and directional boring machines.
- Solid understanding of underground utility systems and their installation, repair, and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, blueprints, and maps related to utility installations.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and practices related to excavation and heavy equipment operation.
- Physical stamina and ability to work in various weather conditions and demanding environments.
- Strong attention to detail, precision, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.Benefits:
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance.
- Retirement savings plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
Miller Electrical is a leading electric company and underground utility contractor. Founded in 1987 in Hastings, Minnesota, we now serve Minneapolis/St. Paul and the entire metro area with over 40 field personnel.
The company owners support the well-being of our team by providing innovative equipment and resources and pride ourselves on working efficiently while never compromising on quality or safety. Partner with us and experience the power of Miller Electrical.